Thanks for stopping by! You are in right place in right time to learn and excel in software testing. After graduation when I got my first job as software tester, everyone asked same question “What? testing? It has no scope in future. Buddy listen to me, do not take this job”.
But it was an ambition to me to get into a job in my dream company. Now it has been more than 8 years in testing arena. I am happy with my current roles and responsibilities.
What is Quality Assurance or Software Testing?
Quality Assurance is playing pivotal role in any organization growth and sustainability. We, QA engineers are the pillars of it. Each and every product must go through QA process before it hits the market. From hair pin to sandals, from telephones to tablets, from pen to clothes, each and every thing, must face QA process.
For example, you need a pen, what you do is, go to the shop, ask for a pen, and you grab a notepad and write your name or scribble it. You are just writing or scribbling, you are testing it. Whether the pen met your requirements or not. Read my below article on Learn Testing from Pen.
That is the importance of software testing. If any one of the requirement is not met, definitely you think again or switch it to the other product.
Who is Software Testing Engineer and What’s his/her responsibilities?
A person who validate and verify the product under test has been met its requirements or specifications is called Software Test Engineer. Also known as Tester or Test Engineer or Software Developer under Test will have the following role and responsibilities.
- Understanding the business requirements
- Understanding the change request document
- Analyzing the design
- Preparing/review the test approach or test strategy documents
- Preparing/review the test plan
- Preparing/review the test coverage matrix
- Test Environment readiness validation
- Test Execution
- Test Results documentation
- Submitting defects
- Conduct defects triage meetings
- Procuring sign-off from clients and architects
In this website, you can find many articles, important, and interesting stuffs about software testing. I will focus on various genre of software testing such as manual testing, test automation, and performance testing; tools like Apache JMeter, HP LoadRunner, HP QTP/UFT, will be focussed too.
Must Read Software Testing Articles
- What is Software Testing?
- Introduction to Software Testing
- Why software fails?
- Software Testing Life Cycle
- Learn Software Testing from the Pen
- Learn Software Testing from Business Cards
- Test Requirements
- Black Box Testing
- Pairwise Testing
- Software Testing Myths
- When should stop testing?
- What Is Acceptance Testing?
- Risk Assessment
- Are you a good tester?
- Defects Life Cycle
- How to submit valid defects?
- Top 10 Open Source Defect Tracking Systems
- Metrics and Measurements Calculator for Software Testing
- Steps to take after production failure – Software Testing Interview Question and Answer
- Improving the Test Process
If you like this page, please show us your love by sharing this article and do not forget to subscribe for the weekly newsletter.