HP UFT 12 (Unified Functional Testing 12) is all set to release on March 2014. Recently HP had released critical patches for UFT. You can read more about in my earlier post HP UFT Critical Patch Released. In this blog post, we will see about the brand new features of UFT 12.
- Last week, I had downloaded HP UFT 11.53 which is about 1.71 GB file size. But in UFT 12, you will have a smaller and faster installation package. You can install in Windows 8, Windows 7 without disabling User Account Control (UAC).
- If your Operating System is in different language (other than English), there is no need to install respective language pack to install UFT 12.
- In ALM (Application LifeCycle Management), you can use Common Access Card (CAC) i.e. external authentication. Usually, testers uses their username and password, but this kind of authentication is easy to use.
- Now in UFT 12, test automation engineers can automatically upload test results to ALM.
- Good news to Apple lovers. Now in UFT 12, you can test Safari browser on remote Mac (this feature is in beta stage).
- UFT 12 supports all browsers’ latest versions.
- UFT 12 supports newer technologies: Delphi XE2, Stingray 12, Flex, and Web Dynpro ABAP for Netweaver 7.31.
- UFT 12 now supports Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and 2012.
- UFT 12 not supports Windows XP or Windows Vista. Minimum OS support is Windows 7 SP 1; Internet Explorer 7 at least.
**** UPDATED ON FEB 24, 2014 ****
Following are the areas which has undergone changes in UFT 12:
- Actions In UFT
- Bitmap Checkpoints
- API Testing
- BPT In UFT
- ALM Data For UFT
- File Content Checkpoints
- Dot Objects
- HP UFT Update WSDL
- How to use program descriptions
- Log Tracking
- HP UFT Array Checkpoints
- Maintenance run mode
- Insight UFT Movie
- Function libraries
- Regular expressions
- Automating REST services
- Using solutions
- Shared activities In UFT
- UFT-ALM Integration
We will keep you posted about the launch of UFT 12.
- Speedometer 2.0 Testing - January 17, 2018
- Performance Analysis of Rajini Makkal Mandram Website - January 8, 2018
- Must Have Tools For Technical Founders - November 9, 2017
- Brotli Compression in Performance Testing - October 6, 2017
- Unboxing HPE StormRunner 2.7 - September 27, 2017