You might have noticed in the latest version of Apache Jmeter, next to New icon, there is a Templates icon. Templates expedites the process of creating Test Plan based on your needs.
Suppose if you need to record, click on Templates icon and select Recording as shown below.
And then, click on Create button. Now you could see, relevant samplers and listeners would have added to your Test Plan as shown below.
This will save your time, instead of adding it manually one by one, just a few clicks to create a test plan. There are 10 default templates are available which are as follows:
- JDBC Load Test
- BeanShell Sampler
- MongoDB Load Test
- Building a Web Test Plan
- Building an Advanced Web Test Plan
- Building a SOAP Web Service Test Plan
- Building an FTP Test Plan
- Building an LDAP Test Plan
- Building an extended LDAP Test Plan
- By default, JMeter Server Proxy port is set to 8888, you can change this.
Configure your browser so that it uses the JMeter proxy, set the:
- host of the machine that runs JMeter
- port you setup in JMeter Server Proxy
Below is the video on how to add Jmeter templates.
Like our articles? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletters.