Is your organization planning to upgrade latest version of HPE LoadRunner 12.50? You need to read below tips immediately for hassle-free upgrade. For any general installation, you can refer this guide. Below information is about HPE LoadRunner upgrade tips.
For any organizations, it is important to up-to-date with the latest stable versions of the software. If you are stilling using earlier versions of HPE LoadRunner then it is time for upgrade.
Latest software version has bug fixes and new enhancements which will help testers to expedite the scripting and execution.
HPE LoadRunner Upgrade Procedure
Before LoadRunner Upgrade
- First step: Before you upgrade HPE LoadRunner, it is wise to start creating backups for the assets such as VuGen scripts, Libraries, Scenarios, and Test results.
- Second step is to download the latest version of HPE LoadRunner
- Third step is to read the new features, enhancements, bug fixes, dependencies etc.
- Fourth step is to identifying and preparing the target systems
- If you are upgrading from HPE LoadRunner 11.0x and above, no need to uninstall the earlier versions of HPE LoadRunner.
- If you are upgrading from HPE LoadRunner 11.00 and below, you must uninstall the earlier versions of HPE LoadRunner. HPE LoadRunner 11.00 and below version doesn’t have capability to uninstall the older versions.
- If you are upgrading make sure that all the components/machines has same version. LoadRunner don’t support hybrid versions. E.g. you cannot have one version of Controller and another version of Load Generator.
- Always begin the upgrade in staging environment rather direct upgrade in production environment.
- Make sure that you have administrator privileges before you begin installation
- Once all is set, run the setup file and choose the appropriate installation from the setup window.
- You cannot choose LoadRunner full setup in a machine which has standalone load generator installation. If you wish to change, you need to manually uninstall the components.
- Once the installation is done, close the setup window and I recommend you to restart the systems.
- Launch all LoadRunner components and perform an ad-hoc testing
- Open any script, compile it and execute it.
- Change runtime settings and validate
- Validate the license
- Create scenarios and execute it for 10-15 minutes
- Monitor the metrics
- Create profiles
- Collect the report and analyze the graphs and other metrics
- Compile the custom header files for Record and Replay scripts
- If the header files created/compiled in LoadRunner 11.0x and below, you need to compile it manually again
- There will be no update to the registries prior to upgrade. The value stays and it will not create any harm to other applications.
Simple three steps: BackUp the assets, Download, understand, and install the latest version, and Validate the latest version.