It is hard to find people who are not using Facebook. As a tester have you found any bugs in Facebook? Rather than browsing in Facebook, I prefer to test Facebook. As a part of White Hat initiative, Facebook allows to create a test accounts. In this blog post, we will see how to create test accounts in Facebook for testing.
Below are the steps to create test accounts in Facebook:
- Login with your Facebook credentials
- Navigate to https://www.facebook.com/whitehat
- Click on Manage Test Accounts or navigate to https://www.facebook.com/whitehat/accounts/
- Click on +1 Create New button
- Facebook will give you the test account details as shown below.
You can create any number of test accounts for your testing, and later you can delete using Delete Selected button.
About Test Accounts:
- Test Accounts should be used only for investigating security vulnerabilities
- If the issue is not able to identify with test account, you can test use real account except for automated testing
- Test Accounts cannot interact with real accounts
- Test accounts can interact with other test accounts
- Using test accounts you cannot like pages or post
- It is not possible to convert test accounts to real accounts
- Test Accounts are exempt from Facebook spam or fake account detection systems
When you browse Facebook, don’t just browse; test it with test accounts.
Thanks for visiting QAInsights!
We’re always posting interesting articles on QAInsights. I request you to subscribe so you don’t miss out anything.
- How to run Apache JMeter tests with Visual Studio Team Services? - June 6, 2017
- Google Test Automation Conference – GTAC 2017 - June 2, 2017
- What’s new in StormRunner 2.5? - June 1, 2017
- Must have Apache JMeter Plugins - May 19, 2017
- How to configure recording settings in JMeter? - May 18, 2017