In this blog post, we will see about How to change percentile value in IBM Rational Performance Tester. If you don’t know what percentile value is, I urge to check my last post on how to calculate percentile value.
The purpose of changing percentile value is to analyze and compare the results for benchmarking.
How to change percentile value in IBM Rational Performance Tester?
- Launch IBM Rational Performance Tester
- Percentile dialog box opens up. Type percentile in the text box. See below snapshot for your reference.
- Then click on Percentile Analysis Targets under Test.
- Click on Add to add percentile value or click on Edit to edit the percentile value. To remove percentile value, click on Remove. By default, RPT has 85, 90, and 95 percentile values.
- Click on Apply to make changes.
- Click on OK
How to generate percentile reports?
After editing the percentile values, you may generate reports for the entered percentile values. To generate percentile reports, please follow below steps.
- Navigate to Performance Test Runs pane. If it is not visible, go to Window > Show View > Performance Test Runs
- Right click on the All Hosts > HTTP Reports > Page Percentile Report. Please see below snapshot which has percentile reports for 80, 85, 90, and 95.
About the Author
Hi there! NaveenKumar N is a passionate and experienced Software Test Engineer based in Mysore, India with skill sets in Manual Testing, Test Automation, Performance Testing and Test Estimation. He loves to learn and experiment new trends and models in Software Testing. Please stop by at his personal blog NaveenKumarN.in and certifications Testifications blog.
Free Weekly Newsletter!
- 18 Jun 2013Business Process Testing in HP QTP
- 13 Jun 2013Latest Release IBM Rational Performance Tester 8.5
- 13 Jun 2013Cross-Browser Testing with TestComplete 9.3
- 11 Jun 2013QTP Interview Questions and Answers – QTP Code Corner
- 09 Jun 2013How to build FTP Test Plan in JMeter