In this blog post, we will see how to set cookies across different thread groups in JMeter. Cookies are small text files that reside in your computer when you browse the internet. The browser sends the previous information that is stored in the cookie for better experience.
In performance testing, there might be a scenario where you want to replicate the cookies during testing. In JMeter, cookies can be added by right clicking on the Thread Group > Add > Config Element > HTTP Cookie Manager.
Distribute Cookies in JMeter
In this blog post, we will see how to distribute cookies across the threads. By writing simple code, it is possible to distribute the cookies across the thread group. For that, you need to add BeanShell pre-processors, by right clicking on the Thread Group > Add > Pre Processors > BeanShell PreProcessor.
Paste the below code into your BeanShell pre-processor as shown below.
import org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control .CookieManager; import org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.Cookie; Cookie cookie = new Cookie("JSESSIONID",vars.get("jsessionid"),"localhost","/", false,-1); CookieManager manager = sampler.getCookieManager(); manager.add(cookie);
Do not miss any posts, subscribe now.
- Perf Calculator – free iOS app for performance testers - July 16, 2017
- How to performance test AngularJS or ReactJS applications? - June 25, 2017
- How to run Apache JMeter tests with Visual Studio Team Services? - June 6, 2017
- Google Test Automation Conference – GTAC 2017 - June 2, 2017
- What’s new in StormRunner 2.5? - June 1, 2017