What’s New in Performance Center 12.50?: Recently I had attended HPE Performance Center 12.50 New Features Webinar which I gained an insight about what’s new in Performance Center 12.50. From past couple months, I have been working on HPE Performance Center 12.20 where I thought few things can be improved further. As expected it has been taken care in the newer version. In this article, you are see about the new features of HPE Performance Center 12.50.
The main focus on this version is PAL (Performance Application Lifecycle 2.0), DevOps, and usability. It has also focused on TruClient Web Protocol where you can run the test across multiple browsers and integrating PC with Network Virtualization.
What’s New in Performance Center 12.50?
HPE Performance Center 12.50 Enhancements
- In earlier version, it is possible to upload only 5 script concurrently. But in PC 12.5, you can upload more than five scripts concurrently.
- You can filter your items with more options now such as Last Modified as On, Before, After, etc.
- In Resources, you can copy and paste the monitor profiles. In PC 12.20, it is not possible to copy the monitor profile, but in 12.50 you can do it by few clicks.
- Now you can add your Noise Generator Scripts along with your actual business scripts. While adding scripts from tree view, you can see another tab called Noise and mention the URL as shown below.
- Protocol Usage Report will give you the dashboard view of the protocol and its usage. This can be used for budgeting, annual report, and other metrics purpose.
- Now you can access PC help center without entering HP Passport details. Below are the useful links which you must bookmark.
VuGen 12.50 Enhancements
If you are not working on VuGen 12.50, read further to know more about new features of VuGen 12.50.
- Now there is one TruClient Web protocol where you can record/replay in Chromium, Firefox, and IE. It is called RORA feature. RORA stands for Record One Run Anywhere. You can see Network Virtualization analytics in VuGen report.
What is Performance Application Lifecycle 2.0?
PAL helps you to create production like scenario by analyzing the production logs. You need to import the data from the production server IIS, Apache, or HP RUM. PAL analyses the actual transactions and suggests to create script template. You can perform edits in VuGen and create load test.
It is built using TAPE framework. TAPE stands for Traffic Analysis off Production Environments. It analyses each user transactions and search for repetitive user behaviors. It maps URLs with the users and provides us the detailed analysis. Below is the sample final output.
PAL can be accessed under Additional Components > PAL Data Set Creator.
What is Network Virtualization?
Network Virtualization captures and emulates real world network conditions. E.g. how the users are accessing your website/app. Is it from 2G, 3G, 4G LTE? What type of signal they are receiving/sending? What is the signal strength? Etc.
You can mention the Vusers type by device type such as mobile, laptop or by location. Below is the output of one sample result.