Good news to performance testers and developers, much awaited and big release of Apache JMeter 2.10 is expected to release on Oct 18, 2013. I am very excited to download the latest build from Apache. I was keenly observing the progress on daily basis about the development and testing. In this blog post, we will see about what’s new in Apache JMeter 2.10.
First we will see what all the core improvements are done in this major release. There is a lot of performance improvements has been done such as High Throughput Tests (no pause), issues with unnecessary SSL Context reset has been fixed, and an important performance improvements has been done in parsing of embedded resource in HTML pages.
Now we will see about the new features of JMeter 2.10: Click on the link to view the snapshot, if not visible.
- New CSS/jQuery Tester in View Tree Results
- Improvements in HTTPS recording
- Please note that the “HTTP Proxy Server” test element has been renamed as “HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder”.
- Testers can record HTTPS sites without any issues. Redirection has been detected by HTTP proxy server.
- You can now load test MongoDB through new MongoDB Source Config
Kerberos authentication has been added to Auth Manager
- Now testers can implement Kerberos authentication in their tests. This is much awaited feature which s implemented in this release.
- Device can now be used in addition to source IP address
- Functional testing of MongoDB scripts is implemented.
- Testers can specify the timeout to OS Process Sampler
- Testers can specify Query timeout to JDBC Request
- New functions (__urlencode and __urldecode)
- HttpSampler now allows DELETE Http Method
- Continuous Integration is now easily added by flag
See jmeter property:
- 2 implementations of HtmlParser has been implemeneted
- org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.LagartoBasedHtmlParser for optimal performances
- org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.JSoupBasedHtmlParser for most accurate parsing and functional testing
- Distributed testing has been improved
- ModuleController has been improved
- Best Practices has been improved. http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.10RC1/docs/usermanual/best-practices.html
- New Templates feature that allows you to create test plan from existing template or merge template into your Test Plan.
- Workbench can now be saved
- Beautiful Syntax color has been added to script elements (BeanShell, BSF, and JSR223), MongoDB and JDBC elements
- JMeter GUI can now be fully Internationalized,
- Drag and drop of elements in Test Plan tree is now much easier
- Response Time Graph Y axis can now be scaled
- JUnit Sampler gives now more details on configuration errors
Thanks for visiting QAInsights! We’re always posting interesting articles on QAInsights. I request you to subscribe so you don’t miss out anything.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Image Courtesy : Apache JMeter