This blog post lists out what’s new for testers in Internet Explorer 11. Of course it is developers stuff, but it is good to know about the most important big updates of Internet Explorer 11.
- Following are the eight new F12 tools which you can see in Internet Explorer 11:
- The DOM Explorer tool
- The Console tool
- The Debugger tool
- The Network tool
- The UI Responsiveness tool
- The Profiler tool
- The Memory tool
- The Emulation tool
- WebGL and Hardware 3D Support
- HTTP is much more faster than earlier versions
- Microsoft Speed+Mobility or Microsoft SM which enhances the speed and the way HTTP requests have been sent to reduce response time
- Improved touch experience
- Following stuffs are missing in this big update:
- Microsoft removed the words compatible and MSIE tokens in the User-agent strings. Here is the new token Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
- The word Gecko is Mozilla Firefox layout engine name which reads HTML, CSS, Java script etc.
- Version of the browser is now reported by a new revision rv token.
- Bidding adieu to document.all()
- Microsoft removed following IE specific handlers as well
- attachEvent() / detachEvent()
- document.fileSize, img.fileSize
Thanks for visiting QAInsights! Check out our new portal Testifications.com to get updates on Software Testing related certifications. We’re always posting interesting articles on QAInsights. I request you to subscribe so you don’t miss out anything.
Searching for QA Jobs Openings, check it at www.QAJobOpenings.com
Want to start a blog like this, please visit SpidyDomain to buy cheap web hosting and register domain.
- #3 – LoadSter, Google Chrome, and Sonarwhal – QAInsights Podcast - April 25, 2018
- #2 QAInsights Podcast – 188.8.131.52 and many more - April 9, 2018
- QAInsights Podcasts – First Episode - March 30, 2018
- Rajini Makkal Mandram Vs Makkal Neethi Maiyam – a tech comparison - March 5, 2018
- Do not blame it on server! - February 26, 2018