Before creating scripts in QTP, validate your application and QTP matches your need. You need to ensure following stuffs:
Preparing to create a test in HP QTP
- AutoComplete option
- Go to Microsoft Internet Explorer, uncheck the AutoComplete option by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > AutoComplete settings.
- Close all the browsers. Kill all the iexplorer.exe process in Task Manager.
- Page and Frame options
- In QTP, navigate to Tools > Options > Web > Page / Frame Options. In Create a new Page test object for, select Different URLs or a change in data transfer as shown below.
- Check following options
- Ignore non user-input data – Get
- Ignore non user-input data – Post
- Ignore user-input data – Get
- Ignore user-input data – Post
[auto_thumb width=”150″ height=”150″ link=”” lightbox=”true” align=”left” title=”Preparing to create a test in HP QTP – Page and Frame Options – QAInsights” alt=”Preparing to create a test in HP QTP – Page and Frame Options – QAInsights” iframe=”false” frame=”true” crop=”true”]http://qainsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Preparing-to-create-a-test-in-HP-QTP-Page-and-Frame-Options-QAInsights.jpg[/auto_thumb]
Thanks for visiting QAInsights! Check out our new portal Testifications.com to get updates on Software Testing related certifications.
We’re always posting interesting articles on QAInsights. I request you to subscribe so you don’t miss out anything.
- #2 QAInsights Podcast – 188.8.131.52 and many more - April 9, 2018
- QAInsights Podcasts – First Episode - March 30, 2018
- Rajini Makkal Mandram Vs Makkal Neethi Maiyam – a tech comparison - March 5, 2018
- Do not blame it on server! - February 26, 2018
- Unboxing Apache JMeter 4.0 - February 13, 2018