In Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), here are the phases for effective and quality delivery of products to the customers.
- Functional and Non-Functional Requirements Elicitation
- Environment Setup
- Test Strategy and Planning
- Test Case/Script Design
- Test Case/Script Execution
- Defect Logging
- Test Result and Report
Software Development Life Cycle, Software Testing Life Cycle, Test Automation Life Cycle, Performance Testing Life Cycle goes parallely. As you aware, most of the test engineers would definitely come across HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) formerly known as HP QuickTest Pro (QTP) and HP LoadRunner (HP LR) tools.
HP UFT helps testers to test functionality and the APIs. HP LR helps testers to validate non-functional aspects of the application under test (AUT). What you do is create tests in HP UFT to test the application functionality and API and you create scripts and scenarios to test your application under heavy load.
Now you can integrate LoadRunner with UFT in the form of GUI or API scripts. You can load GUI or API in LoadRunner to
- Validate non-functional aspects of your application lie Measuring Response time, Transactions per second, Memory, CPU utilization etc
- VuGen incompatible business scenarios can be recorded using UFT
How to integrate HP LoadRunner with HP UFT?
- Install HP LoadRunner and HP UFT in the same machine
- To convert an API test to a LR script, click the Enable for Load Testing button on the UFT toolbar
- To prepare an existing GUI test for LoadRunner, include StartTransaction and EndTransaction statements in your actions and make sure that there are no references to external actions or resources
Thanks for visiting QAInsights! Check out our new portal Testifications.com to get updates on Software Testing related certifications. We’re always posting interesting articles on QAInsights. I request you to subscribe so you don’t miss out anything.
Searching for QA Jobs Openings, check it at www.QAJobOpenings.com
Want to start a blog like this, please visit SpidyDomain to buy cheap web hosting and register domain.