It has been a long time for me to spend time in writing blog post. I have been blessed with a baby girl on Dec 31, 2016; both my wife and baby are doing fine. Big sister Diya is very happy. I was running between hospital and home, so I couldn’t concentrate on performance testing quite some time. Today I got time to sit and key in my thoughts. In this blog, we are going to see about the latest patch release for HPE LoadRunner 12.53 Patch.
HPE LoadRunner 12.52 Patch 4 update
HPE took more time to release this patch. Patch 3 was released on Sep 29, 2016. Patch 4 was released on Jan 4, 2017 with lot of key updates and enhancements.
What’s new in HPE LoadRunner 12.53 Patch 4?
Patch 4 release is not only for HPE LoadRunner, HPE Performance Center also got the latest update in Patch 4. Below are the important links where you can download the update.
- LR Full: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/LR_03639
- LR LG: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/LRLG_00131
- LR TC: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/LRTC_00005
- LR Analysis: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/LRANLSYS_00110
- LR VuGen: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/LRVUG_00214
Performance Center Patch download
- PCS and PCH: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/PC_00312
- PC Patch readme: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02690789
Please note that Performance Center never had patch 2 and 3 in the past. In order to align with HPE LoadRunner Patch release, HPE is following the same naming strategy.
Also, above patch is compatible with ALM 12.53.x, 12.53, 12.53 Patch 1.
Patch 4 has the updates, fixes, and enhancements in Analysis, Infrastructure, License, Load Generator, Java, ODBC, Oracle Web Applications, RDP, Siebel Web, SilverLight, TruClient, Web HTTP/HTML, Web Services, VuGen, and documentation.
If you faced any issues while recording in Chrome, you must download this patch to work without any issues.
If you are working on modern web applications like ReactJS, AngularJS, you might be using TruClient protocol. In this patch, TruClient got lot of bug fixes.
Web HTTP/HTML protocol got Google Web Toolkit – RequestFactory parsing in LoadRunner. Also this patch has updates for HPE Network Virtualization 12.53 Patch 1 and HPE Mobile Center 2.20.
Have you downloaded the HPE LoadRunner Patch 4 update? What’s your thoughts?