In this blog post, we will see how to write variable values in JMeter. Writing run-time variable value helps you for debugging your test plan.
Go to JMETER_HOME\bin, open jmeter.properties file in your favorite editor. (I use jEdit or Notepad++). Search for sample_variables text.
By default it is commented, uncomment that line. You could see there will two default variables SESSION_ID,REFERENCE. You can remove those variables or you can keep it as it is.
Now add your variable names separated by comma. E.g. sample_variables=SESSION_ID,REFERENCE,myval1,myval2,myval3, … and so on.
Now add a Simple Data Writer listener and enter a valid CSV file name. JMeter writes the values of the variables in that file in run-time.
Below is the snapshot of my test plan and the output.
- #3 – LoadSter, Google Chrome, and Sonarwhal – QAInsights Podcast - April 25, 2018
- #2 QAInsights Podcast – 126.96.36.199 and many more - April 9, 2018
- QAInsights Podcasts – First Episode - March 30, 2018
- Rajini Makkal Mandram Vs Makkal Neethi Maiyam – a tech comparison - March 5, 2018
- Do not blame it on server! - February 26, 2018