To every new action, engineers add comments, history details at top of every action. Typing or copy and pasting from existing template might be time-consuming. QTP provides a way to add an action template for the action. If you a specific template, for every action your comments will get added automatically.
What is Action?
Actions in QTP is a collection of VB script statements in a defined order of business flow. It helps to achieve modularity and reusability. Script can contain any number of actions. There are different types of actions:
[tabs tab1=”Reusable Action” tab2=”Non-Reusable Action” ]
[tab]Reusable Action can be used in other tests any number of times. It saves time and improve efficiency. [/tab]
[tab]Non-Reusable Action cannot be used in other tests. QTP executes non-resuable action only one time in the same script.[/tab]
To add Action Template, follow the below steps:
- Go to C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\dat
- Open ActionTemplate.mst in editor
- Add the text in ActionTemplate.mst and save it. E.g.
‘Name: <script name>
‘Date: <date scripted>
‘Author: <author(s) name>
‘Module: <module name>
- #3 – LoadSter, Google Chrome, and Sonarwhal – QAInsights Podcast - April 25, 2018
- #2 QAInsights Podcast – 184.108.40.206 and many more - April 9, 2018
- QAInsights Podcasts – First Episode - March 30, 2018
- Rajini Makkal Mandram Vs Makkal Neethi Maiyam – a tech comparison - March 5, 2018
- Do not blame it on server! - February 26, 2018