AJAX TruClient Protocol in HP LoadRunner helps testers to interactively record actions in the application under test. It is similar to QTP/UFT record and playback. Complex web application can be recorded quickly and performance can be tested.
Inception version of AJAX TruClient supported only Mozilla Firefox. But now AJAX TruClient protocol supports in both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. AJAX TruClient is different from other protocols, below is the workflow of it:
Below table shows the difference between AJAX TruClient and other VuGen protocols.
|In Script view, AJAX TruClient script is read only.||In script view, other protocol script can be edited.|
|TruClient scripts are asynchronous i.e. steps do not want to wait for previous steps to complete.||Other protocols are not asynchronous in nature,|
|TruClient record and replays each action at user level.||Other protocols record/replays each action as API calls.|
|Object Identification is required and it is challenge.||Object Identification is not required.|
|No correlation is required.||Correlation might require.|
|Only one action.||Multiple actions are possible.|
|Needs larger footprint than other protocols for replay.||Requires less footprint when compared with AJAX TruClient|
AJAX Supported Framework
The supported frameworks for AJAX functions are:
- Atlas 1.0.10920.0/ASP.NET AJAX – All controls
- Scriptaculous 1.8—Autocomplete, Reorder List, and Slider
VuGen supports the following frameworks at the engine level.
- Prototype 1.6
- Google Web Toolkit (GWT) 1.4
Image Courtesy: HP
- #2 QAInsights Podcast – 18.104.22.168 and many more - April 9, 2018
- QAInsights Podcasts – First Episode - March 30, 2018
- Rajini Makkal Mandram Vs Makkal Neethi Maiyam – a tech comparison - March 5, 2018
- Do not blame it on server! - February 26, 2018
- Unboxing Apache JMeter 4.0 - February 13, 2018