Recently in my project, we got a situation to simulate bandwidth in JMeter tool. In LoadRunner, it is pretty easy to simulate, press F4, click on Speed Simulation under Network, select the desired speed level. But it is not straight forward in Apache JMeter.
How to simulate bandwidth in JMeter?
Go to JMETER_HOME\bin folder, open jmeter.properties file in your favorite editor, search for httpclient.socket.http.cps=0.
Uncomment that line and enter your desired bandwidth to simulate. If your application under test is HTTPS protocol, then uncomment httpclient.socket.https.cps=0
Before entering your value in CPS (Character Per Second), use below calculator to convert your kbps to cps. e.g. if your desired bandwidth is 100 kbps, then the cps would be 12800.
- How to performance test AngularJS or ReactJS applications? - June 25, 2017
- How to run Apache JMeter tests with Visual Studio Team Services? - June 6, 2017
- Google Test Automation Conference – GTAC 2017 - June 2, 2017
- What’s new in StormRunner 2.5? - June 1, 2017
- Must have Apache JMeter Plugins - May 19, 2017