To fix the latest security vulnerabilities of OpenSSL in HP LoadRunner, follow the below steps:
Backup all the DLL files, especially ssleay*.dll and libeay*.dll in the following folders:
- LR folder\bin
- LR folder\launch_service
- LR folder\al_agent
Download the updated DLL files from below links for the respective LoadRunner version
The OpenSSL fix has been already implemented in LoadRunner 11.52 Patch 4 and LoadRunner 12.02, so you can ignore the fix if you are using LoadRunner 11.52 Patch 4 and LoadRunner 12.02 version.
Detailed security advisory available at https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20141015.txt
What is OpenSSL?
OpenSSL is an open source library kit which implements Security Socket Layer (SSL v2 / v3) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) and full-strength general purpose cryptography library.
- Must Have Tools For Technical Founders - November 9, 2017
- Brotli Compression in Performance Testing - October 6, 2017
- Unboxing HPE StormRunner 2.7 - September 27, 2017
- What’s new in Apache JMeter 3.3? - September 25, 2017
- Measuring Client-side performance using Performance APIs - September 19, 2017