In this blog post, we will see how to write variable values in JMeter. Writing run-time variable value helps you for debugging your test plan.
Go to JMETER_HOME\bin, open jmeter.properties file in your favorite editor. (I use jEdit or Notepad++). Search for sample_variables text.
By default it is commented, uncomment that line. You could see there will two default variables SESSION_ID,REFERENCE. You can remove those variables or you can keep it as it is.
Now add your variable names separated by comma. E.g. sample_variables=SESSION_ID,REFERENCE,myval1,myval2,myval3, … and so on.
Now add a Simple Data Writer listener and enter a valid CSV file name. JMeter writes the values of the variables in that file in run-time.
Below is the snapshot of my test plan and the output.
- Perf Calculator – free iOS app for performance testers - July 16, 2017
- How to performance test AngularJS or ReactJS applications? - June 25, 2017
- How to run Apache JMeter tests with Visual Studio Team Services? - June 6, 2017
- Google Test Automation Conference – GTAC 2017 - June 2, 2017
- What’s new in StormRunner 2.5? - June 1, 2017