First step to repair UFT/QTP installation is to clean up the registries and folders. Below are the steps to clean up registry settings and folders:
- Go to run, type regedit and then press enter.
- Delete the following key registries if they exist in your computer
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\Browser Helper Objects\AgentsKeys
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional
On 64-bit OS:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional
- Now go to run again and type %appdata%\HP.
- Delete the folders API Testing, QuickTest Professional and Service Test
Now follow below steps to repair UFT/QTP:
- Go to run again, and type control and then press enter.
- Select UFT/QTP and click on Repair button.
- Once repair is done, download the installable again. Make sure you met all the prerequisites and you use the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser to download.
Thanks for visiting QAInsights! Check out our new portal Testifications.com to get updates on Software Testing related certifications. We’re always posting interesting articles on QAInsights. I request you to subscribe so you don’t miss out anything.
Searching for QA Jobs Openings, check it at www.QAJobOpenings.com
Want to start a blog like this, please visit SpidyDomain to buy cheap web hosting and register domain.
- Measuring Client-side performance using Performance APIs - September 19, 2017
- Unboxing HPE LoadRunner 12.55 - August 20, 2017
- Measure Client-side Performance using Lighthouse - August 10, 2017
- Perf Calculator – free iOS app for performance testers - July 16, 2017
- How to performance test AngularJS or ReactJS applications? - June 25, 2017