In this blog post, we will see how to enable HTML report in QTP. HTML report helps your non-technical people to understand the business flow and it helps automation engineers to validate the run session.
By default, QTP generates QTP report, it is not user friendly and also it reveals technical details. Also QTP Result Viewer generates report in PDF and Excel format and submits defects to HP Quality Center (QC). It is best practice to generate customized HTML report. In case, if you face any issues in QTP HTML report, follow the below steps:
- Go to run, type regedit
- Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Mercury Interactive -> Quick Test Professional -> Logger -> Log
- Double click on Active which is located in right pane
- Enter the value 1 in Value data field
To disable set the value 0.
After successful execution you will get report in HTML under ‘C:\TEMP\TempResults\Log’ or wherever you specified the results to get stored.
- You can generate custom report using Reporter.Report event syntax.
- You might need an administrator privilege in your system.
- Must Have Tools For Technical Founders - November 9, 2017
- Brotli Compression in Performance Testing - October 6, 2017
- Unboxing HPE StormRunner 2.7 - September 27, 2017
- What’s new in Apache JMeter 3.3? - September 25, 2017
- Measuring Client-side performance using Performance APIs - September 19, 2017